Using corporate merchandising for promoting and advertising a companies' brand is gaining more and more importance due to the increasing benefits a promotional product can bring to the firm. Business gifts that have a companies' identity printed on them help achieve wider name or brand recognition. To do that, businesses need to choose the right kind of advertising gifts and products to make their marketing campaign a success. There is a range of different products available that can be employed as corporate merchandise or promotional gifts. In a recent analysis made by Sourcing City, some of the most popular promotional products are:
1. Bags: used for business or leisure, they are very useful because they offer the company visibility everywhere they are transported. Bags have a very large printing area, they can be printed on both sides so they gain the maximum advantage of being visible.
2. Plastic items: key-rings, wristbands, frisbees, puzzles … These items are quite effective in advertising and promoting a companies' brand in an economic way due to their low unit cost. Also, the more useful the product the more likely the recipient will keep the gift making your band more memorable. These products require comparatively little investment, you just need to select the right type of customized product that suits your brand and get it personalized by printing the brand on the plastic items. This makes them work like an advertisement and improves your brand awareness and recognition.
3. Clothing: apparel is one of the best ways to advertise, since people are always wearing T-shirts, polos, jackets, hats etc. They offer an ideal way to give your brand wide exposure, at a reliably low cost, as the wearer becomes a walking billboard. You can also create a standard uniform for your staff that will further re-enforce your company or brand both inside and outside your business.
4. Eco Products: These products are wholly or partly produced using recycled materials or sustainable natural fibers such as bamboo or hemp. There are a wide number of eco-friendly products to choose between, some of the most common are:
o Eco-bags: made from paper, plastic or materials that we would normally toss in the trash (candy wrappers, seat belts, old clothes …).
o Eco-mugs: made of home-recycled plastic or eco-friendly corn plastic, decorated with natural colors.
o Eco-pens: made with recycled materials like old pens, car parts or CD cases.
5. Pens: Promotional pens are one of the cheapest items and they are used in a lot of different situations: at work, at home, during conferences or seminars. They are excellent in expressing the brand name and they can catch the attention of the people who use them.
6. Mugs: Promotional mugs are available in a wide variety of styles, colors, shapes, and materials; they can be used by anyone, anywhere. Mugs can be used for many different purposes: at trade shows, conferences, events, as gifts for clients and employees, as promotional merchandise sold for profit.
Because of the wide number of promotional products a company can choose between, it is important to consider carefully all the factors involved before starting your marketing campaign. First of all the company has to understand if a certain type of promotional product will be appreciated by their customers or not. Usually the company chooses between items that can be used more frequently – such as bags, mugs or pens – where the logos are more visible and the brand message reinforced.
Secondly, the company should decide the budget to spend on the marketing campaign; If the budget is high, the company can choose to use more expensive items (such as USB drives, parasols, etc.) to increase its visibility. If the budget is low, the company can choose between a lot of items anyway, such as pens, wristbands or mugs. These products improve brand awareness and recognition because people use them daily for different purposes.
Using promotional products is a very cost-effective method of advertising and offers a great way of increasing the exposure of your company or brand at a very low cost per impression.
Source by Neil Trehearn